Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Artifact #2

Sense and Sensibility was my first published novel in 1811.  Originally Elinor and Marianne, this novel is my only work with two heroines and was originally formatted as letters.  I kept my work annonymous, only referred to as “A Lady”.  Though in the beginning few knew who the author of my novels truly were, the secret eventually fell short and my identity to some revealed.  Still, I kept my signitaure unwavering.
·    Austen, J. (2008, May 25). Sense and sensibility. Retrieved from http://www.gutenberg.org/files/161/161-h/161-h.htm
·    senseandsensibilitytitlepage.jpg. [Web]. Retrieved from janeausteninvermont.wordpress.com

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing, Ms. Austen! I enjoy your writing so very much. And I'm glad that I have found such an amazing acquaintance that shares the same taste for great literation as me.

    ReplyDelete